LCA’s undercover investigative footage gives a shocking look at the brutality occurring 365 days a year in China’s horrific dog meat trade. Millions of dogs face unimaginable torture in an industry that routinely beats, skins, and boils animals alive.
Warning: Graphic Footage
Brave on-the-ground activists are stopping dog meat trucks and rescuing dogs from slaughter in China. Dogs are brought to safety to receive medical treatment before being adopted out.
LCA’s Chris DeRose visits China and meets with local activists who are fighting the dog meat trade. Meet the rescuers who are working tirelessly to making a difference for dogs in China.
China’s dog meat trade is a horrific and unregulated industry that brutally tortures animals 365 days a year. An estimated 10 million dogs are slaughtered annually in China for meat. Dogs are tied up and trucked long distances in cramped wire cages and then beaten, burned or boiled alive. Many of these helpless animals have been heartlessly stolen from loving homes.
The U.S. government is starting to pressure China to end the slaughter and consumption of dog meat. In May 2016, Congressman Alcee L. Hastings (D-FL) introduced a resolution into the U.S. House of Representatives condemning China’s Yulin Dog Meat Festival and calling on the Chinese government to end the dog meat trade. Legislation to end the dog and cat meat trade has also been proposed in China, and almost 9 million Chinese citizens have voiced their opinion online in support of the legislation. Despite these steps in the right direction, dogs in China still face agonizing deaths in the dog meat trade. Your support is urgently needed.
- Sign the petition here urging Cui Tiankai, the Chinese Ambassador to the United States, to call for a ban on dog and cat meat.
- Write and mail a letter to the Chinese Ambassador (address below) expressing your concerns about dog meat. Use the wording in the petition link above for sample text.
Ambassador Cui Tiankai
Chinese Embassy Chancery
3505 International Pl N.W
Washington, D.C. 20008
- Find your representative here, and urge them to support the following bills that are making their way through U.S. Congress:
- H.Res.30 – Condemning the Dog Meat Festival in Yulin, China, and urging China to end the dog meat trade
- H.Res.1406 – Dog and Cat Meat Trade Prohibition Act of 2017
- H.Res.401 – Urging China, South Korea and all nations to outlaw the dog and cat meat trade (passed out of the House Foreign Affairs Committee on November 15, 2017)
LCA is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, incorporated in the State of California in 1985, EIN #95-4013155.